Post Employment Insurance Liability (PEIL) Fund
The Post-Employment Insurance Liability (PEIL) Fund is overseen by the Retirement Board. The fund custodian is the Town Treasurer.
Note: this fund also goes by the name Post Retirement Insurance Liability (PRIL) Fund, and also Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) Fund.
- OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report (2015)
- OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report (2011)
- Powerpoint presentation from the MMA (MA Municipal Association) with general OPEB information
- An Analysis of Policy Issues concerning the Funding of Future Liabilities for Health Insurance for Retired Employees (OPEB) of the Town of Lexington, by Alan Levine (Apr 2012)
- Text of the Ch. 317 of the Acts of 2002 setting up OPEB fund operation in Lexington
General information about OPEB
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board: Other Postemployment Benefits: A Plain-Language Summary of GASB Statements No. 43 and No. 45
- Trusting Your Trust Fund, by Mark D. Abrahams
- Spreadsheet that may be used for informal OPEB estimations using simplified "alternative measurement method"
General information about OPEB investment strategy
- The OPEB Challenge: Mapping a comprehensive strategy for public employers: Executive Summary, Full Report. Study by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, sponsored by the National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS).