Post Employment Insurance Liability (PEIL) Fund
The Post-Employment Insurance Liability (PEIL) Fund is overseen by the Retirement Board. The fund custodian is the Town Treasurer.
Note: this fund also goes by the name Post Retirement Insurance Liability (PRIL) Fund, and also Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) Fund.
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17434 - Amendment to Article 18 (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17466 - Why fund OPEB? (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17463 - General information about OPEB (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17484 - OPEB actuarial report (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17486 - Big picture OPEB calculations (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/17499 - PEIL fund governance (Apr 2013)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/16669 - Support OPEB Funding (Nov 2012)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/16551 - Oppose additional OPEB funding (Nov 2012)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/16645 - Oppose OPEB Funding (Nov 2012)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/16635 - Heads-up: Current Intention to Offer Amendments to the Motions Under Articles 2 & 4 at the Special Town Meeting, 19 Nov 2012 (Nov 2012)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lex-tmma/message/15630 - Article 18 OPEB and use of unallocated funds (Apr 2012)
- OPEB Analysis for Fiscal Year July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011
- Powerpoint presentation from the MMA (MA Municipal Association) with general OPEB information
- An Analysis of Policy Issues concerning the Funding of Future Liabilities for Health Insurance for Retired Employees (OPEB) of the Town of Lexington, by Alan Levine (Apr 2012)
- Text of the Ch. 317 of the Acts of 2002 setting up OPEB fund operation in Lexington
General information about OPEB
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board: Other Postemployment Benefits: A Plain-Language Summary of GASB Statements No. 43 and No. 45
- Trusting Your Trust Fund, by Mark D. Abrahams
- Spreadsheet that may be used for informal OPEB estimations using simplified "alternative measurement method"
General information about OPEB investment strategy
- The OPEB Challenge: Mapping a comprehensive strategy for public employers: Executive Summary, Full Report. Study by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, sponsored by the National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS).